Lanier Report 04/16/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats Heather on your OW.:yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: Looks like another Looney Bird to join us in the ole' pond!!!

I'm going to Charleston, SC this week but should be back in time to dive on Sunday morning. Will know more later in the week. Glad you had a good time Kyle and I'm make sure to remember about the "man eating eel's" in Vortex next time I'm down there.

Jeremy

kylepreid:
...heather got her open water cert. FINALLY. ...
Congrats to Heather. You guys will have to get back down here after the water levels get back to normal so that the springs and jetties clear up for a good look at what we really dive in around here.

Yaaaayyyyy, Heather !!!!
Make sure you get her a good, warm wetsuit !!!!

Yaaaayyyyy, Heather !!!!
Congrats to Heather
Congrats Heather on your OW.

Heather told me to tell you guys thank you.

Matt and I was talking today about making a trip out to dive land park in Al on sunday if anyone is interested. We're not sure yet, but the idea is in the air. So if anyone wants to try some place new let us know.

kyle

DS isn't the best LDS. The gear they sell is awful. Dacor, Tusa, Cressi regs and bcd's are not good at all. I like going to Seaventures. Very professional and very expericed. I might have to join you guys up at Lanier sometime. Have fun Diving.

blasphemy:
DS isn't the best LDS. The gear they sell is awful. Dacor, Tusa, Cressi regs and bcd's are not good at all. I like going to Seaventures. Very professional and very expericed. I might have to join you guys up at Lanier sometime. Have fun Diving.
I wouldn't go that far to say everything they sell is awful. They also sell OMS, PST, Dive Rite, Faber, XSScuba, Trident and a few other decent brands. Might I add usually they are under the price of the same exact gear over at seaventures. Of course they don't have most of that in stock, but they will order anything you want from the catalog. I also know quite a few people who live by their sea elite manifolds and some people really like their sea elite regs (the ones that are basically dive rite regs).

I know quite a few people who use seaventures, and I am one of them. I am part of there little club so I can use the pool from time to time. About 3 other people on this thread also go there. Seaventures also carries a great line of brands of gear: Scubapro, Apeks, Seaquest, Aqualung, Atomic, as well as OMS, Dive Rite, Faber, PST. So you can get more of a selection at seaventures for more top end brands.

I go to about 4-5 different shops in the area. They all have something different to offer. Just for reference I bought most of my gear locally, and a majority of it didn't come from either of these two stores. Most of my training has been local and it didn't come from these two stores either. I wouldn't classify one as better than another. Then again there are some really subpar shops in the area that I won't even step foot in.

Also, Welcome to the Forum!

Feel free to jump into any of our local dive trips, the more the merrier. We are kicking around the idea of DiveLand park in Glencoe, AL on Sunday, or we might just end up at Lanier, not sure at the moment.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom