Lanier 10/29 or 10/30????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will have a chance to dive Lanier on 10/29 or 10/30. Anyone else up for a dip in the pond? Last call for October 2005!!!

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I will have a chance to dive Lanier on 10/29 or 10/30. Anyone else up for a dip in the pond? Last call for October 2005!!!

Jeremy
Sounds like a good plan to me. I am supposed to go down to the Megadive, but am not sure I am going to be able to afford it. Times have been quite tough this month/last month. I will have a better idea as time gets closer if I will be able to make it or not.

Matt

I think I'll be around and will definitely try to make it. I might even try a fledgling dive on my new doubles.

rsanders:
I think I'll be around and will definitely try to make it. I might even try a fledgling dive on my new doubles.
OOOH, new doubles.. nice.. I'll help ya out if ya need it.

Matt

Corigan:
OOOH, new doubles.. nice.. I'll help ya out if ya need it.

I'm sure I will. :) It's just a set of AL80s until I have the excuse to invest in more luxurious accommodations.

Thanks again for the help with routing on my long hose setup a few weekends back. I could swear I had it like the picture in Dress for Success, but what you recommended seems to work better. Different first stage layouts, I guess.

I actually get to dive Lanier this Saturday so I can finish my nitrox certification dive (?!?) done before I take off for vacation. I'm still not sure what the point of any test beyond the classroom material is. If there's some trick to breathing nitrox, it's a well-kept secret.

-- Robert

rsanders:
I'm sure I will. :) It's just a set of AL80s until I have the excuse to invest in more luxurious accommodations.
Nothing wrong with a set of AL80's. I like my AL80's set quite a bit, it's perfect for shore diving and long walks with them. Also in the future as you progress you can break them apart and use em as stages.
Thanks again for the help with routing on my long hose setup a few weekends back. I could swear I had it like the picture in Dress for Success, but what you recommended seems to work better. Different first stage layouts, I guess.
Your Welcome. Sometimes it's hard to get the proper info from books or forums, glad I could help. Have fun on your nitrox dives. There is nothing to it. I might try to sneak out to Lanier tomorrow for some dives, but am still up in the air. I haven't been feeling well so I might just take the weekend off. Have fun with your dives tomorrow!

Matt

Was up at DS Marietta and some of the guys said that they found an old roadbed and house. They said that they dove off of the East side of the dam. Sounds like it would be fun.

Jeremy

JKSteger:

Jeremy

Sure! It'll be cheaper than going down to Vortex again. Lot shorter drive, too! :14:

What are the water temps like? Just curious, so that I know how much insulation to bring. I assume specific meeting place info will be forthcoming?

Cheers!

jholley309:
What are the water temps like? Just curious, so that I know how much insulation to bring. I assume specific meeting place info will be forthcoming?

Cheers!

I haven't dove Lanier since May so I wouldn't be able to tell you what the temps are like currently. I'm assuming pretty warm above the thermocline. I would say about 80's. Possibly high 70's??? I will be bringing out my 5mm probably. Maybe my semi-dry but I think that it will be too hot for that unless I'm going down into the "forest" below the thermocline where you really need a 7mm with hood and gloves.

I will have to see what everyones schedule is like by the last weekend to see if we are going to do a Sat. or Sun. dive. We usually meet up at West Bank Park and decide which cove to dive.

I will PM you with directions.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom