Land-Based options for Alor (or 'nearby')

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at La ptite Kepa years ago, and it was fine. That being said, I am not sure I would choose to be one of their first customers after their "restructuring" and would give it some time to hear from others willing to pull that trigger.

I will likely stay at Marangki Kepa for a few nights, diving with Lazy Turtle. Then my friend would join me for 8N staying at Nautika Dive Alor - assuming they still have openings by the time we confirm our flights.

I did find out about yet another resort - Alor Tanapi Dive Resort - which is opening in May. I think it has been a hotel for a while but maybe is updated, and now will have its own dive center. La Petite Kepa refer to them until they have their dive op running again. Said they use their boat and crew... They seem to be on the upscale side, but they have some intro-pricing so we may try that instead of Nautika if pricing is similar.

Since I did the work, for quick reference (since everyone is ~$55/dive) lodging/meals prices (based on 2pp) seem to be about:

Nautika $75pp/nt
Marangki Kepa $30pp/nt
La Ptite Kepa $30pp/nt
Alor Eco Divers $100pp/nt (Has unlimited house reef diving)
Alor Tanapi $200pp/nt (hoping for significant discount)
Alami Amor $225pp/nt. (Has unlimited house reef diving, free nitrox)

I didn't find anyone else that had a house reef, tho you can snorkel at Marangki Kepa.

I will likely stay at Marangki Kepa for a few nights,

I didn't find anyone else that had a house reef, tho you can snorkel at Marangki Kepa.

I remember me swimming in front where now there is marangki Kepa.. be careful snorkeling there.. all the alor strait have very strong current… but the small strait between Kepa island and the mainland was like a river… 😅😅😅

Found another one never heard of : Savu South Alor... $290 pp/nt ...hohumm

Found another one never heard of : Savu South Alor... $290 pp/nt ...hohumm

Ahah saw it one hour ago too.. 😅😅
the dive rates.. 😱 I think in the future I can’t afford the usual 40 dives a trip.. 🫣🫣😭

Ahah saw it one hour ago too.. 😅😅
the dive rates.. 😱 I think in the future I can’t afford the usual 40 dives a trip.. 🫣🫣😭
5 nights/11 dives for a single is gonna run about $2,900 USD. Whoa.

5 nights/11 dives for a single is gonna run about $2,900 USD. Whoa.

500+ usd a day… me and my wife.. international flights.. national flights.. ok.. I'm starting to feel poor 🤣🤣 and usually I do 3 to 4 weeks in indo.. 😅

Just fi
I'm doing a Komodo LOB in mid-June 2023 and plan to stay a while after for more land-based diving. I've not done a lot around Alor so figure that would be a good base. We did a Komodo LOB ~10yrs ago, and twice been on LOB in Raja. I prefer Raja but our schedule means we are going in June. Looking at 1-2wks with a friend and then maybe I'll stay solo longer to dive a different area for a week or so. Since all the LOB's seem to stick to Komodo this would be land based.

Looking for mid-range budget. We are both experienced divers (400+) and have the DIVE DIVE DIVE mentality. Our LOB will only be 6N ~15 dives so we are going to eager to blow some bubbles.

Looking mostly at Alor as I think the area is diverse enough for over a week+ from one 'base', tho depending on options we could possibly check out two areas and I would like a 3rd place for myself (somewhere without a big supplement). I've also been to Bunaken, Lembeh, and Bali based diving a couple times so prefer to check out the farther east "non-Raja" places a bit more.

Thanks!

Just finished a week at Nautika Alor.

Pros :
Friendly service and staff and fantastic dms.
They know the best dive sites for whatever you're into.
Diving logistics. 2 dives in the morning. Back for lunch. 1 dive in afternoon, back to hotel. Then a night dive for whoever wants it.
Boat trips are smooth and I didn't have to take any sea sick pills.
Rooms are spacious and they clean daily.

Cons:
They kind of skimp on the food. The food tastes fine, it's not bad, just not much of a selection.

I wouldn't mind diving here again, I'd just bring enough snacks to last the week. Definitely a fantastic land based option in Alor.

Just fi

Just finished a week at Nautika Alor.

Pros :
Friendly service and staff and fantastic dms.
They know the best dive sites for whatever you're into.
Diving logistics. 2 dives in the morning. Back for lunch. 1 dive in afternoon, back to hotel. Then a night dive for whoever wants it.
Boat trips are smooth and I didn't have to take any sea sick pills.
Rooms are spacious and they clean daily.

Cons:
They kind of skimp on the food. The food tastes fine, it's not bad, just not much of a selection.

I wouldn't mind diving here again, I'd just bring enough snacks to last the week. Definitely a fantastic land based option in Alor.
Thanks! You didn't happen to see their "new" cottage did you? That's what we have on hold but there aren't pix on their site yet.
Just-in-time review as we are about to book... just waiting for my buddy to confirm her flights. I'm a bit more tempted by Tanapi - their price is usually much more but I think they will match Nautika for us. But they don't have Nitrox yet (they are seeing if they can borrow tanks for us). I will be there 4N before she get's there so I might spit my time b/n the two. They are only 3min apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom