Lakeshore Scuba sold????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard that my local dive shop Lakeshore Scuba in Grand Haven has been sold to Great Lakes Dive Locker of Grand Rapids. Does anybody know whats up with this????

It's true, Great Lakes Dive Locker has bought Lakeshore Scuba and is in the process of moving the store to a new location. The new address is:
1101 Jackson
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Telephone: 616-847-4444

The new store is located just east of Rycenga Lumber.
It is in the same building as the indoor golf.
It will be a much better full service shop than previously.

Store hours are: Friday - 3:00 pm to 6:00pm and Saturday - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.

Are they closing the store in grand rapids then?

I hope not. I think that Doug would have a hard time with tending a store in Grand Haven as his home & day job are local to the GR store. I'll give him a call & see what his plans are & report back.

The info I got is Great lakes Dive Locker is not moving to Grand Haven. The Lakeshore Scuba shop is now owned by the Dive Locker and moved Lakeshore Scuba to the new location. Lakeshore Scuba is still run by the same people as before the sale. I hope they can make a go at it and stay in buisness. I like the crew there, relaxed and layed back.

Aaron, I talked to Chris @ the GR store today. They are going to keep the Grand Rapids store open. In fact, the pawn shop next door moved out so they are taking some of that space & expanding the shop.
Brad, I can't comment on the previous ownership, but I can vouch for the new ownership. Don't worry, you are in good hands. I have done buisness with Doug for several years now. I can tell you that he is a straight forward & honest guy. The shop in Grand Rapids is also laid back & relaxed so I can't see anything changing in Grand Haven.

The previous owner at Lakeshore was really cool. He had no problem selling me reg parts . Then he let Glen take control of the store who is a decent guy but won't sell me the reg parts. I would really like to meet and talk to Chris to see if he would be willing to sell me the parts. My understanding is Glen is in charge of the shop with the crew of volenteer helpers. They are a great bunch of guys.

Thanks for the info. thay are the cheapest to get air fills at in the area.

The previous owner at Lakeshore was really cool. He had no problem selling me reg parts . Then he let Glen take control of the store who is a decent guy but won't sell me the reg parts. I would really like to meet and talk to Chris to see if he would be willing to sell me the parts. My understanding is Glen is in charge of the shop with the crew of volenteer helpers. They are a great bunch of guys.

Brad,
Doug (the new owner) would be the guy that you would need to talk to concerning reg parts. I'm not sure what his policy would be concerning that, but I would imagine that he would want to meet you before he made any decision.

Back
Top Bottom