lake wallenpaupack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're not from the area, it is definitely worth the trip to Dutch if you're going to be out this way, but those of us who live here know it gets old really fast.

Most people I know go to Dutch only for training, or if all the boats are blown out. Or on some of the holiday weekends more for the topside hang.

Dutch is actually kind of nice in the winter, when there isn't anyone there, and the vis is 100x better.

It would be nice if they stayed open all year, since most boat trips are blowouts this time of year.

Last Year we closed Dutch.. It was Cold but nice, at least some of us did nto ripe our neck seal.. The vis was good, not to many students. Did you go for the New Years Dive..

You can always come to Mexico in April, there are few of us going..

Now lets see if I can Behave myself while away..

Yeah, I did New Year's Eve, and helped out with OW classes the first weekend in Dec.

Probably doing all next weekend too.

2 years ago 10 of us did Drysuit/Nitrox in January. Water was in the low 30s, air was probably colder. We were in the water so long on the first dive, just on the surface, that my knuckles were actually bleeding for the next week. It was a really nice weekend, though.

Ahhh...Mexico. I was supposed to go there back in November, the weekend right after the hurricane hit.

Well I've just moved to the general area (in Ramsey, NJ right now, but will soon be in Monroe, MY). I'm always up for some interesting diving *providing* there is something to see!

I am looking for info on diving lake wallenpaupak too. anyone know where to look for the remnants of the town? it's a pretty big lake. anyone know what the town was called? in a web search, i say it mentioned as wilsonville...

I have also been thinking about diving there. There are a few other places in PA that I was thinking about diving. Blue Marsh Lake allows diving, but I have been told visibility is about 1/2 foot.

Lake Hopewell in French Creek State Park also allows diving. I have been there many times to fish. there are no motor boats allowed which is a plus. I don't know how bad the visibility is going to be, but on some days I could see the bottom in about 4-5 feet. I don't think there is anything to see down there either.

We have a house just off of Lake Wallenpaupack. We water ski very early in the morning on weekends to avoid the madness once 11am hits. If you are going to dive do it during the week and do it early in the season (may/June) because once the water warms and the algae kicks in you will see nothing. I talked to some locals and they said there is a lot of filament line from all the fisherman so bring a knife so that you do not get tangled and caught in fishing line. I have dove many times in Greenwood Lake and once July hits the waters get to cloudy. May is really nice but it is frigid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom