Lake Travis/Windy Point Report (7-21-07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from diving Travis. The lake water has receded back to the staircases. It's still high...no need to even use the stairways yet.

Vis was poor from 0-25 feet, but pretty good from 25-100 feet. It was pretty dark though...cloudy day and a lot of particulates at 0-25'. I'd definitely recommend a decent light. At 100' vis dropped back to just a few feet...similar to the surface.

The water temp was 88 degrees at the surface and 81 degrees at 106'. Real nice diving overall.

Some interesting news from Richard about the sale of the property: The deal hasn't closed yet, but he told me this morning that he has signed a contract with a Houston investment firm to sell the property. He mentioned that he told them about all the benefits of keeping the SCUBA Park public, but doesn't know what the group will end up doing with it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...sounds like it'll be awhile before we know for sure.

John thanks for all the news! :wink:

Hey John Just wanted to say it was a great day diving with you.Taking me down to the forest for the 1st time was really cool.
Definately have to get a better light for going down there again.

Thanks for the report. I hope to get out there this week and dive.

We've had students back in the water for a couple weeks now - the shallow viz is no worse than it ever is this time of year.
We were out Sunday and found condition to be quite good even on the shallow platforms. 1st dive off platform 1 was fair viz down to 100' where the it did drop quite a bit to maybe 6 inches. 2nd dive off platform 3 had excellent viz which dropped slightly at about 80 feet due to large group around deep platform then cleared up nicely to about 7' viz all the way down to 115! 3rd dive was mainly on platform 2watching DM candidates do gear exchange (always good for a chuckle) but viz was easily 3 feet -- good enough that we easily located dropped mask and fin...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom