Lake Travis' Starnes Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWayne

Reaction score
Austin, TX; got out of Dallas by wit, charm and be
I'm going there Sunday (16th) via boat (duh) arranged through Dive World. Any other SB'ers going on that trip? If not, you might want to check on their next trip -- twenty bucks; load from Volente Beach; hourly return trips. I'm hoping to get two dives.

:D What should I expect to see? What's the island currency exchange rate? Are the island's local restaurants safe? Do the island bartenders speak English?

That sounds like fun. What time does the boat go? Are there multiple runs out to the island? Do you have to sign up in advance?

The exchange rate is 5 US dollars for 1 Starnes Island Kazink. There is only one location that will exchange them and I happen to own it. How much do you want and I will print...have it on hand. Cash only, no checks and no credit cards.
Restuarants are many and varied. What would you like to eat? I can do that as I am the Director of Tourism for Starnes Island. Please let me know early and I will have it ready for you. We have a special for Swamp Divers and to increase tourism...No passport required this week.
English is our primary language unless you are a teasip then you must speak in MOO!

AggieDad
aka
Supreme Director of Tourism of the Kingdom of Starnes Island
Come often...leave money.

ROFLMAO! Do you need an assistant?

shaggie:
That sounds like fun. What time does the boat go? Are there multiple runs out to the island? Do you have to sign up in advance?

AFAIK, official start time is 9am on Sunday. However, since the boat supposedly makes hourly runs back, I guess it's possible to catch a later trip. I signed up at Dive World 1 last week. Their number is: (512) 219-1220.

AggieDad:
The exchange rate is 5 US dollars for 1 Starnes Island Kazink...

I think I'm going to stay at an all-inclusive resort to avoid contact with those pestering time-share salesmen.

WaterWayne:
AFAIK, official start time is 9am on Sunday. However, since the boat supposedly makes hourly runs back, I guess it's possible to catch a later trip. I signed up at Dive World 1 last week. Their number is: (512) 219-1220.

I think I'm going to stay at an all-inclusive resort to avoid contact with those pestering time-share salesmen.

:lol:
I can do that too!!!!

I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Tea Sips... wow, the states largest case of pe*** envy still perpetuates throughout the ages... :D And I guess why I prefer to spend my time on Starnes Island underwater. Now, a good idea would be an underwater ropeline that pulls you over to the island at 50 feet, then once on the island, you can get airfills. It'd be like a little underwater ski lift. Could charge tickets to ride it, and you'd avoid paying those nasty 20 dollar trip fees or gas for your boat! hmmm...

Mack Diver:
With all the gas Aggiedad is blowing, he could set up a fill station on the island. :D
:lol: Thats a good one Mack.

Willie

***is envy? I thought you teasips were all sawn off! :D
MackDiver...bad boy. At least my gas don't stink. :D

Wish I could go but prior committments. We really have to have a big SB meeting at the lake sometime. I am easy to spot..handsome devilish looking dude.

Rope tows...$10 US or 50 Kazinks. Get your tickets here.

Back
Top Bottom