Lake Travis Directions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carfier

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Planning to dive Mansfield Dam this weekend, but haven't been there before. Can Anyone give me directions from San Antonio to Mansfield Dam?
Also any tips for first time visitor would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

You can go to mapquest.com and do it from your address to: 4380 Mansfield Dam Rd, Austin, TX 78734

or this link http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&1ex=1&un=m&2ex=1&2tabval=address&cl=EN&ct=NA&2n=TRAVIS+COUNTY&1tabval=address&2v=ADDRESS&1y=US&1a=&1c=San+Antonio&1s=TX&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=4380+MANSFIELD+DAM+RD&2c=AUSTIN&2s=TX&2z=78734-2063&2ah=&idx=0&id=40acb13b-000e8-04649-cdbcf387&aid=40acb13b-000e9-04649-cdbcf387

or go north on I35, once in Austin head north on 183, take the RR 620 exit, and take a left on 620, continue on 620 as you get close to the dam you will see signs for Tom Hughs Park and the dam, just past the Tom Hughs is the dam. Just as you pass the dam take your first right. Once on this road head towards the park not the camping area, go through the check in ($8), and the SCUBA areas are to the right. The second area has only one table, but it has an electric lift to up or down to the lake. This route will also take past quite a few dive shops, just in case you need anything.

I went down there a week ago and brought my boat. Best I can figure if you want to dive you need to do it from shore. Just thought I would give you that tid bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom