Lake Travis Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey Swamp Divers, Went out to windy point today, hoping for some decent visibility since all the rain has seemingly let up for a while, however no luck....vis was at max 3-4 feet with a water temp of 64 degrees.....

P.S. Looking for a dive with some swampers to make me an "official" swamper!!

Ryan

AustinPDDiver:
Hey Swamp Divers, Went out to windy point today, hoping for some decent visibility since all the rain has seemingly let up for a while, however no luck....vis was at max 3-4 feet with a water temp of 64 degrees.....

P.S. Looking for a dive with some swampers to make me an "official" swamper!!

Ryan

Ryan,,,,you are welcome to join 4+ swamper this Sunday in Terrell at Clear Springs Scuba Park for a bit of diving,,,,,, 58f//35' vis.. We will meet on the north side of the lake near the potties. Check the other post CSSP 12/12/04.

Ryan thanks a million for the headsup on the lake coditions. Please continue to practice this in the future. Some of us have a pretty long drive to make it up to lake.
It is really nice to know lake conditons before we decide to make a 3 hr drive up from Houston.

Again thanks so very much.
Dave

Hey Ryan,
same from me.... tks so much for posting conditions for Travis. PM me if you ever head this way.
Maria

A friend conducted an OW class at Barstow's last weekend...said there was no ambient light below 30'...sounds skanky, even for the lake.

EWWWWWWWW

Ryan, pls let us know what you find......skanky??? that's way putrid!

I was at Mansfield Park with a drysuit class. Water temp was 62-63 and vis was about 2 1/2-3 feet, maybe. I couldn't see my knees most of the time.

any updates from this weekend?

Hey RonC, I was the other Ron there. I was with the other group, I wish I would've known you were a swamper. Anyway, nice to have seen you, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom