Lake Travis Conditions 4/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Went out to the Lake Friday night with some friends. I was really surprised by the conditions. Temp was 63 on the surface with a pretty could thermacline at 40. There it dropped down to about 55-58.

vis at 60 was 20 ft. Down to 100 ft vis was about 10-15. Above 60 vis was about 10 ft.

Most importantly, the lake levels are definitely up. The main platforms are nearly 18 ft underwater now. 2 weeks ago they were only 5 feet underwater.

The lake is now at 668...

Don't forget, DUI's dog days are coming up April 21-22

thanks

Layne

Where did you go on Lake Travis?

(trying to learn my way around)

Layne, thanks for the updated info..

LVX:
Went out to the Lake Friday night with some friends. I was really surprised by the conditions. Temp was 63 on the surface with a pretty could thermacline at 40. There it dropped down to about 55-58.

vis at 60 was 20 ft. Down to 100 ft vis was about 10-15. Above 60 vis was about 10 ft.

Most importantly, the lake levels are definitely up. The main platforms are nearly 18 ft underwater now. 2 weeks ago they were only 5 feet underwater.

The lake is now at 668...

Don't forget, DUI's dog days are coming up April 21-22

thanks

Layne

Layne....thanks for the update. You must've been in your dry suit huh? I wish I could check out the DUI dog days, but I'm leaving for Roatan that weekend :D
I do want to get either a semidry or full dry suit sometime though. Something came up last year w/ the DUI Dog days last year at CSSP and I couldnt go then either.

I have a question for you. Sending PM.

Enjoy Roatan. I just got back last week. Warm blue water doesn't hold a candle to Travis.:D

zach5150:
Thanks! We're stoked. Where did you stay? We are staying at CocoView. Did you post any trip reports?

We stayed at Foster's in West bay and I dove with Coconut tree divers in West End. I am not a big all inclusive fan. It kind of makes me feel trapped. I did post a quick report in the Bay Island forum. Now if only I can stay sane until my trip to Bali in September.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom