Lake Travis Buddy Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Hemlon.

I dive Travis a lot,drop me a line if you are looking for a buddy. The lake is pretty nasty at the moment,vis below 70' is maybe a couple of feet but it should clear up in a month or 2.

I'll be around too, for either of yall; I'm a DM candidate and am up for diving anytime (more is better) :)

detail regarding the profiles you're interested in doing.

fwiw, Snakeboy likes going deep in the dark, scary part of the lake...ugh.

cyklon_300:
detail regarding the profiles you're interested in doing.

fwiw, Snakeboy likes going deep in the dark, scary part of the lake...ugh.

Great idea, cyklon!

Here's the kind of buddy I'm looking to find:

I want to dive with people who are just looking to spend some great time at the lake and plan a casual, relaxed dive profile. Preferably, they should be able to maintain an intelligent conversation above water. I'm not looking to dive with rocket scientists. One of my last dive buddies (from my AOW class) was a knuckle-dragger who ranted incessantly about EVERY aspect of his life. (One of those people who has a story about EVERYTHING...just shut up and dive, ok?)

I'm not wanting to dive the scary part of the lake, but I would like to push my limits beyond searching for the underwater jetski.

:wink:

Where is this scary part of the lake Y'all are talking about? Oh,maybe its the bit with the 1' vis and the silt and the tangly trees and the manifold seeking steel cables??

ianr33:
Where is this scary part of the lake Y'all are talking about? Oh,maybe its the bit with the 1' vis and the silt and the tangly trees and the manifold seeking steel cables??

Yep, that sounds pretty scary to me!

between a proto-hominid and a NASA employee and isn't overly ranty/chatty...that's easy.

My only requirement is no silly foreign accents...

Hi Hemlon,
I'll be going out this sunday at 2pm with a couple of friends, if you're interested. We'll be diving at Mansfield dam on the cove side. Last weekend the water temp was a refreshing 58 deg with about 10' vis.

shaggie:
Hi Hemlon,
I'll be going out this sunday at 2pm with a couple of friends, if you're interested. We'll be diving at Mansfield dam on the cove side. Last weekend the water temp was a refreshing 58 deg with about 10' vis.

Unfortunately, that's a little too chilly for me. I'm looking for buddies for this spring. What type to exposure suit do you wear to brave a 58 degree lake??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom