Lake Travis 20/21 Aug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdtgray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone up for some dives on 20 and or 21 Aug? I'm up for most anything - would like to get in at least one or two dives down near the dam since I have yet to dive that part of the lake.

Just an FYI I was there this past weekend (13th) and vis was about like this:

0 - 40' 8" to 1 foot
40 - 65' 1 to 1.5 feet
65 - 80' about 8 to 10 feet
80'+ about 2 feet

This was with an 18 watt HID light saber so smaller light probably even less vis, with the rain this week probably won't get much better.

I was there this past weekend and found the vis to be better. Low vis dives dont really bother me either, just all good training.

Hey Trey & I are up for a dive at the dam-- havent been over there in a few months. Which day works best for you?? Our other good friend might join us as well.

c-monkey:
Hey Trey & I are up for a dive at the dam-- havent been over there in a few months. Which day works best for you?? Our other good friend might join us as well.

Saturday would work the best for me - perhaps about 10 or 11 if that works for you guys. I have a flight Friday into the early evening so itll be hard for me to throw my stuff together and get out there early on Sat. If that doesn't work, then Sunday early as a second choice.

Threw my doubles in for a vis and will have then back friday so Im planning on diving them with one or two stages for the sake of practice. Should also help you guys get a better idea on hose routing, stage handling, etc.

PM sent...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom