Lake Somerville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you dive Lake Somerville? What is the bottom like? How far can you see? A few of my friends wre fishing there earlier in the week and lost about $400 in gear and asked me if i could dive down and try to find it. The have the GPS on the spot so i know i could get pretty close to it.

thanks

firedogut:
Can you dive Lake Somerville? What is the bottom like? How far can you see? A few of my friends wre fishing there earlier in the week and lost about $400 in gear and asked me if i could dive down and try to find it. The have the GPS on the spot so i know i could get pretty close to it.

thanks

Hey what are the GPS numbers and I will let you know what the bottom is like. ;-)

firedogut:

thanks

Fire....

Unless things have changes in that lake, the viz is pretty bad. It could be problematic trying to find that gear. Did they lose it in brush? What is the depth? Anyway, it will most likely be by feel. Got a buddy that wants to help? Take the buddy and a medium sized chain about 10' to 15' long and you both can drag it. It'll hang or you can hear it hit something solid. Then you can follow the chain to the hang or noise. If you do it by yourself you'll have to sink a metal rod thru one end of the chain and swim in circles doing the same thing.

Other option....get the co-ords and take wingnut on a dive He he.

Regards,

.oops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom