Lake Rawlings protecting from Millbrook Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rogerhelmich once bubbled...
Just heard that divers going to Rawlings are going to be in for a treat. When you get there if you have been in Millbrook you will be paying a surcharge and your gear is going to be de-zebra musseled....:boom:

Roger,

While at Rawlings this weekend, DM interning with an OW class, I didn’t hear anything about it. Where did you hear about it? Doesn’t seem to make sense, just say you’ve never been to Millbrook and save the surcharge.

Mike

MikeS once bubbled...

Roger,

While at Rawlings this weekend, DM interning with an OW class, I didn’t hear anything about it. Where did you hear about it? Doesn’t seem to make sense, just say you’ve never been to Millbrook and save the surcharge.

Mike

A shop here in FairFax and one in Richmond

rogerhelmich:
Just heard that divers going to Rawlings are going to be in for a treat. When you get there if you have been in Millbrook you will be paying a surcharge and your gear is going to be de-zebra musseled....:boom:

Where did you get that false information from? And why would we do a thing like that? There is no surcharge for anyone coming to Lake Rawlings from Milbrook (there never has been a surcharge). Doesn't make sense to me (or anyone else for that matter)! Most divers that I know are already sensitized and environmentally aware. We do not need to go overboard or to extremes to educate the diving community. They know!

Errol Duplessis:
Where did you get that false information from? And why would we do a thing like that? There is no surcharge for anyone coming to Lake Rawlings from Milbrook (there never has been a surcharge). Doesn't make sense to me (or anyone else for that matter)! Most divers that I know are already sensitized and environmentally aware. We do not need to go overboard or to extremes to educate the diving community. They know!
Errol, I heard that a rinseout facility was being pondered at Rawlings. I haven't heard anything about a surcharge.

This latest sounds like something from a shop connected with either Millbrook or Haymarket.

Errol Duplessis:

Question #1 ... are you declaring yourself an official agent for Lake Rawlings?

Question #2 .. If so, how you do you reconcile your above statement with the fact that Lake Rawlings created a draconian knife ban complete with $300.00 "fine"

As for Doc Intrepid..... what do you have to contribute to this thread? I don't show any previous posts to this forum from you, and to my knowledge your not a member of the midatlantic community.

chrpai:
As for Doc Intrepid..... what do you have to contribute to this thread? I don't show any previous posts to this forum from you, and to my knowledge your not a member of the midatlantic community.
What business is that of yours? Doc (and anyone else on this board) can post where he pleases.

Weren't you leaving last week?

chrpai:
Question #1 ... are you declaring yourself an official agent for Lake Rawlings?.
A look at the poster's profile would have answered that.
Question #2 .. If so, how you do you reconcile your above statement with the fact that Lake Rawlings created a draconian knife ban complete with $300.00 "fine".
Rawlings has a problem with divers breaking up the clams to feed the fish.
I've got you on speed dial in case we ever need a border patrol. Thanks.

Wow... first new thread in weeks here and it sure did get nasty fast in here....

Hey Don, so there are no knives in rawlings at all??? Or no knives that can be used to break up clams... Would seem to me that the safety of the mater would outway the handful of morons that feel the need to break and kill things...

More on the point, WTF is a zebra mussel and how would one live in my gear to get transported (still living) to another freshwater area?? We are asuming that all gear is washed and cleaned after each use like it is supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom