Lake Phoenix this Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I am going to attempt a Lake Phoenix dive (or two?) Saturday. I have drysuit and all that, but haven't been in water that cold in a while. But with ambient air temps so low, maybe the water will feel warm? Figure it's worth a try at least.

I have the fleece undergarment it came with, but will try to find another set to layer over it. 7 mil gloves, 5 mil hood I think.

I will dive open circuit not the CCR.

Awesome! Who else is in?

not attending BAREG annual meeting?

Fun time! Thanks Captain Sinbad and good chatting with you again!

Minimum temp was 47 degrees. Wasn't too bad except for my hands when I took my gloves off for dexterity in removing fin. Then it became apparent. Viz was pretty good, but would have been better if we went to sunny area.

1 other group of 3 + 1 other person were there.

Steel 119 / 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 weights, need to figure out why so much? Probably because I wore more clothes under than in the past plus the thick gloves. Two layers of fleece + shorts/tshirt. Next time will move down to 5mil gloves perhaps. One day I will go dry gloves :)

I dove open circuit to kill tank which I dropped off at shop for hydro on Sunday, along with all my other tanks.

Good times.

Fun time! Thanks Captain Sinbad and good chatting with you again!

Minimum temp was 47 degrees. Wasn't too bad except for my hands when I took my gloves off for dexterity in removing fin. Then it became apparent. Viz was pretty good, but would have been better if we went to sunny area.

1 other group of 3 + 1 other person were there.

Steel 119 / 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 weights, need to figure out why so much? Probably because I wore more clothes under than in the past plus the thick gloves. Two layers of fleece + shorts/tshirt. Next time will move down to 5mil gloves perhaps. One day I will go dry gloves :)

I dove open circuit to kill tank which I dropped off at shop for hydro on Sunday, along with all my other tanks.

Good times.
It was a pleasure. Lets do it again sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom