Lake Murray Nov 10-11 report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I met up with Kunk and Yellowfin at the chosen campsite Saturday morning. We all got set up and since their youngest was there diving was done in pairs. The air temp was a really nice low 80's with a gentle breeze.

Kory and I loaded up and went over to the other side of the dam where Frank and I have dove before. We geared up and walked on down to the water. He and I made a 30 minute dive with a max depth of a little over 50ffw. I trimed it short due to wanting to make two dives off my steel 95. This was due to the fact that I had forgotten to fill the other one and it was sitting with 400psi in it. :shakehead: I marked the bottom temp at 61*F He marked it at 59, so it was somewhere in that range. I didn't feel a thermal. I also discovered I have a blown left wrist seal. It leaks. Alot.

Lunch time.

Rhonda and I made the second dive while Kory played camp cookie for dinner.
She and I loaded up my SUV and drove over to the designated dive swim area place. We met up with some friendly people from Lawton and told them about the boards. They were comming out as we were going in.
30 minutes, max depth about 40ffw. Temp was the same. Vis was 3-6 feet generally. We almost ran headlong into one of the boats. Also found a platform.

Nice dinner of burgers and Rhonda's most excellent baked goods. Smores over a camp fire and gazing into the glowing embers letting the stresses of everyday life drift away on the rising smoke. Fantastic night for sleeping outside.

Got up to Kory making omlettes. Took a spin to the LDS at the marina and got Kory's tanks filled. John made it in and brought his prettier half. It's official, she does exist. :wink:John, Rhonda, and I made another dive in the park. 30 min again, max depth in the 40's. John was diving wet and got chilled, I was diving half wet, and was tired of being wet, so that was the end of the diving for the day.

Great food, lots of it, great company, awesome weather.

TwoBit

Tom, As always, a very fun weekend. Stinks that it had to end:shakehead:

The weather was absolutely perfect for camping. The water is never, well, almost never too cold for me!

Thanks for coming out!

Thanks for diving with us Tom!

We had a lot of fun, we'll have to do it again sometime soon!

Rhonda

Back
Top Bottom