Lake Murray Dive ... This weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning to dive Lake Murray this weekend and wanted to see if anyone has been out there recently and could tell me what the conditions were like.... I understand thru some of the boards posted that there may be a problem with getting Air fills near the lake.

Wife and I will be there tomorrow evening and will be diving Weds. Unless I find someplace closer, we are planning on having to drive 60 miles to Denton, TX for fills. I have been calling around down there but NO ONE knows where to go. The small LDS at mom and pops store (by marietta landing) is no longer there.
If I find anything closer, I will post it along with the conditions.

Thanks Jethroish..... Man.. Sounds like someone could make some money opening up a Air fill station next to the lake...

I was there this last weekend and did a couple of dives off of the dam. Vis was 3 to 5 ft. I could barely see past my fins. Did have a good time though. Best vis was from 20 to 25 ft. Past 35 it started clouding up even worse. Water temp was mid 70's.

Have fun,

Gillty

Just got back from Murray. After talking to a few folks, the lake must have just turned.
Vis at the steel tower was about 12 feet. Surface temp 80. Thermo at 22 feet.
In the cove at Marietta landing, vis was only about 5 feet.
Asked at Mom and Pops store about fills. There is nothing around. Closest place is in Denton, TX at Island Diver
Have fun this weekend. We will be back there the 3rd week in July in the camper for a few days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom