Lake Murray conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are visibility and temp reports in there somewhere. We were diving off the beach on the west end of Marietta Landing.

You should just drop in to see what condition it's condition is in.

:14:

Frank,

Sealskin posted a link to that wanted poster on you. You may want to lay low for a while.

Good to see you Frank!
We missed you at CSSP this weeekend. It was a beautiful day for diving. I am truly sorry you missed it. Give me a shout when your ear is all better.

We should go diving some time! Heck, I would be up for diving Broken Bow (if'in you don't hold a grudge against that lake).

P.S. I am starting to agree with you on the 'great visibility' thing.

Surface 78, 73 at depth did not go any deeper than 30 feet due to having only kahki shorts for insulation under my drysuit.

Vis for the most part was horrible, but there were pockets all over the place, 1' here, 5' there, 1' again, then back up to 8'

it was pretty crowded, I'd bet that if there were no divers there the visibility would have been pretty good.

Rick the vis out there is usually pretty crappy once it begins to warm up.
There is good adventure though down in the dark.
Alan & I found what we thought was the cockpit of an small airplane there once down around 77 feet. Vis. was less then a foot and dark. We went back there during the Winter when the Vis was 12-15 feet and found out it was a Volkswagon :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom