Lake Murray 06/08 Conditions report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My whole clan met the whole Kunkle clan out at Murray this morning for some playing in the lake and diving.

The kiddos had a great time playing in the water, snorkeling, and we picked up some trash. Ok, we picked up quite a bit of trash. Not sure we made much of a dent though. :shakehead:

I must admit great sympathy for their grocery bill. Anytime those two boys sat still they were eating. And they are both very skinny.

Rhonda made brownies. Yummy!:D

Two dives. Surface temps in the mid to upper 70's Vis to 35 feet about 5 to 10 in a few places. Major murk/thermal layer at 35-37 feet. Temp drops to low 70's. Vis drops to 1-2 feet.

Plenty of people diving, a couple classes, lots of boats and skiers.

Really great day at the lake.

TwoBit

Truly sorry I missed the event. :shakehead: My bad.
I love Murray! Thank you for the report.

The only things I would like to add are that we found the motorcycle again! Saw the boats, and the platform. Went searching around the platform for fish, but didn't see any! Didn't see many fish at all.:shakehead: Went all along the wall off of Marietta landing (both directions) poking our lights in holes, crevices, and tree stumps looking for turtles too, and didn't find any of those either. Seems like all we could find was trash!

It was nice to wear my 4/3, no hood, no gloves, and less weight.

Rhonda

I want to put in my 2 cents for the little dive shop over in the marina. Scuba J's.

Anytime I've gone to Murray and needed tank fills or a quick repair to keep me diving, all I've had to do is call Jay's number and he meets me at the store. I have a feeling I can't be the only one he does this for. The prices at his shop seem to be very competitive. Especially for a small shop on a smaller lake. So, next time you are out at Murray, stop by and check out his diveshop.

Thanks to Tom and Michelle for coming out. We had a good time and we appreciate you keeping an eye on the kids while we were out diving. Let's go again soon!

The kids all seemed to have fun playing together. I appreciated you all giving us a chance to make a dive. Michelle has been out of the water for over two years. She really didn't like the low vis, but still got in a 25 minute dive. Couldn't have done it without yall.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom