Lake murray 05/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I received an unexpected kitchen pass last night so I called the Kunkles and we met up at Murray today.

The water looked great from the surface. I got a report that Tenkiller is 18 feet high, so everyone who normally trains there was at Murray. IT WAS PACKED!

Dive 1: Air temp mid 70's or so. Surface temp upper 60's low 70's. Bottom temp 64. Max depth for me was 55ffw. We put in on the other side of the dam from the park. I was kinda rude and wandered through someone's camp to get to the trail down to the water. I'm sure they were there for the privacy of it all. Kory made the climb down the rocks. Not me or Rhonda. I mentioned something sunk NW of where we were wading in so we went to find that and did. It was a big cabin cruiser boat. We promptly got split up in the 5-7foot vis. I finished my dive with Harvey for a bottom time of 37 min. I felt bad that Kory and Rhonda spent the rest of theirs looking for my bubbles. Sorry yall.

Dive 2: Same conditions as before. Max depth was only 33 feet for me. With a bottom time of 34 min. We got split up again at the end of the dive, but we had talked about it this time.

My best news... The dry suit is now DRY! The only reason I got damp was from hyperextending my neck. My fault. I can now dive dry and stay dry. :D

Beautiful weekend. Great diving with great friends.

See yall in Tyler in two weeks.

TwoBit

I felt bad that Kory and Rhonda spent the rest of theirs looking for my bubbles. Sorry yall.

We were just VERY happy to see you again!!:D Besides, I learned a few things:
1. Bubbles are almost impossible to see when there are boats going by creating a wake.
2. Nice people in boats are very handy for spotting bubbles, and telling you which way they are going.
3. I really should take rescue, because I had absolutely no idea what we should do, and would've been absolutely worthless help had the situation actually been bad. :shakehead:

It was a really nice day for diving, sunny, warm, not windy. The vis wasn't great, but not too bad either. I got to dive in an area I hadn't been in before, we saw at least two boats, but not very many fish. Thank you for inviting us out Tom! We had fun, and I haven't noticed any poison ivy yet!:D

Rhonda

Back
Top Bottom