Lake Minnewanka Bridge Pilings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is there regular group/club dives out here. just curious as the plan right now is to come out with a group of divers from here but possibly hook up with some local divers to show me the area

so i have dates for my trip to minny,, sept 23rd head there dive 24th ans 25th i am wondering if there is a dive shop near by for air fills? is there some people interested in possibly doing a night dive sat evening? how would i contact or find contact info for people in the area if there is a regular group of divers? i would love to see the town but hear it is by boat access only,, can u rent boats? if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

so i have dates for my trip to minny,, sept 23rd head there dive 24th ans 25th i am wondering if there is a dive shop near by for air fills?
No. Calgary is the closest.

is there some people interested in possibly doing a night dive sat evening? how would i contact or find contact info for people in the area if there is a regular group of divers?

underwateroutlaws.com is a good place to start.

i would love to see the town but hear it is by boat access only,, can u rent boats? if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Boat access only. I don't know if the boat rental guy is around that late in the season. And it's not really a town site. It's 2 or 3 foundations, an old dock and a sprinkling of loose stuff.

I rented a small boat from the dock once, it had a 9.9HP that puttered us to a deep spot at the far end of the lake. That was in summer 2008, cost was $60ish. Concurr with nadwidny whether or not it'll be open in late Sept. I also swam out to the townsite once, (Nav wasn't 100%, distance was right, but too far north)but was right tuckered by the time I got there. Surface swim back sucked.
The townsite is still worth the trek, since there isn't anything else to look at in the prairie lakes, but if you can't find a boat, you can always shore dive on the blockhouse. Park on the causeway and surface swim out to the bouy, follow the mooring line down. You can swim all through the blockhouse, roof is around 50-60ft (depending on lake levels, haven't been there this year) with the bottom around 90. Fun swimming through it, and up and over the old dam & down the other side.
The bridge pilings is also a shore dive from SE end of the causeway. There is always someone there on weekends by lunchtime, so if you want best vis before it gets stirred up, get there early.
Night dive in the mtns always rocks too...
All the Calgary dive shops are helpful, but everyone has their favorite.

Two nights ago you would have been treated to a gorgeous aurora.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom