Lake Lanier: Diving Compendium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
Look forward to meeting you .....
Matt

Thanks ,,,,I will be sure to let you know. I guess that dry suit will still come in handy. I have been reading posts etc about the diving in the area. Actually, it sounds interesting. 35 feet is good around here most of the time. Sounds familiar. I also need to find a place to get fills etc. Probably near Norcross.

No Fish:
Thanks ,,,,I will be sure to let you know. I guess that dry suit will still come in handy. I have been reading posts etc about the diving in the area. Actually, it sounds interesting. 35 feet is good around here most of the time. Sounds familiar. I also need to find a place to get fills etc. Probably near Norcross.
You won't have a problem with fills. There are 3 shops within 10-15 minutes of Norcoss. Let us all know when you get down here,

Matt

Corigan:
You won't have a problem with fills. There are 3 shops within 10-15 minutes of Norcoss. Let us all know when you get down here,

Matt

Perfect. thanks

The messeage was submitted in 2004 of May. Would like to know if research is continuing. Contact me with dates & times. Thank you . Thad.
The Kraken:
A friend of mine and I have been working on a diving compendium of Lake Lanier for the last year or so.

I'd like to know if there are any divers in the Atlanta area that would like to help us work on this project.

This is strictly a volunteer project.

Our goal is to dive on and document those structures that were inundated by the creation of Lake Lanier.

This is not a project for the faint of heart. This project involves a great deal of diving with very limited visibility and cold water.

By the time we reach the end of the project we will also be doing some dives that approach the absolute maximum depth recommended for recreational dives.

The ultimate goal of our project is to develop and publish a compendium of those submerged sites in Lake Lanier that will allow divers in the immediate Atlanta area, and throughout the south, to experience some challenging and interesting diving within a minimal driving time area. The compendium will also provide more accurate, up-to-date GPS and Lat/Lon co-ordinates along with reference azimuths and distances to adjacent structures.

If you feel that you would be interested in working on this project please contact me through this board.

Thanx . . .
Dennis McLeroy

The Kraken:
The pontoon is kind of on the back burner right now. I've a 15.583 year old daughter who will be turning 16 in January. Right now the emphasis is on getter her the VW Beetle that she wants.

Would love to dive Jocassee with you. I've never dived the lake.

Jocassee is a beautiful, clear mountain lake - almost totally undeveloped - lots of diving oppotunities from the beginner to tri-mix. You can take a dive charter through Bill at www.offthewalldiving.com to see the Chinese Junk at 65 feet, along with other attractions over at the quarry (where they blasted the mountain to build the dam). Also, there is a walk-in ramp (used to be a boat ramp - now barricaded exclusively for divers) at which you can dive as shallow or as deep as you want to go. Check out my thread called "Encouragement for New Divers" - there is lots of info on down the thread posted by Jocassee Joe about diving off the ramp. I just got my OW certification from Jocassee. Probably see you there sometime!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom