Lake Jocassee update...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, to put it simply, I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE. Lanier what, who?
My wife and I drove up last night and spent the night in Seneca, our anniversary is today. We drove up to the Lake this morning. Went out to divers boat ramp after going over to the main motorized boat ramps(wrong place). I was told that the DNR would ticket diving so close to the boat traffic. Pack up the gear and drove over the diver's boat ramp.
I have never seen lake water that clear before. Dove with some divers from Spartanburg, SC. I made it to 65ft. which is no big deal for most divers, but it is for me with my limited experience in Lanier's murky depths. Jocassee is a divers dream! I look forward to getting my PADI AOW done there this summer and diving there again soon. It was one of my best dives ever today. Made it out to the lines and the pvc pipes. Surfaced and swam back to shore from the buoy over to the left of the ramp.

Lake Jocassee is the bomb!

Sounds like an awesome trip. You think the ramp is nice, wait until you get out by the wall. :) Happy Anniversary too! It's nice to have a woman who supports your hobby! :)

Thanks! Yes, she does support me in my scuba diving. A great lady! I couldn't have a better wife than her.
How deep is it near the wall? Whenever I go up there again soon, whether with you and krawlings, I want to get to 75-80ft. so I can really be ready for my PADI AOW deep checkout dive this summer. The dive shop up there is great, talked with Trip, Bill Routh's son who runs it for him, great folks, looking to training with them this summer.
One of the best dives I've ever had, thanks again to you and krawlings for getting me to go there and check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom