Lake Jackson & Surfside Beach Texas this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So Memorial weekend is upon us. 3 days off and an opportunity to get out of Dallas. Heading down to Lake Jackson & Surfside Texas. The wife and I are planning on some shore diving, snorkeling and stopping in at Hydrosports Scuba. Any suggestions for entry points? After 3 weeks of lake diving in TX & OK, need something different.

no beach diving at surfside Too shallow no viz. You can Dive the jetty rocks but this time of year no viz and over memorial day tons of fisherman, monofliment. Check with mike to see if he has anything going. Call Mingo at Bridge Harbor. Enjoy the beach and get some rays.

Dutchman, Gotta agree with the Chairman. I've never seen vis better than 5 feet, water is too shallow and the Brazos river dumps too much sediment. Besides enjoying the rays, a must-do is to eat at Willie Joes Seafood Restaurant. It's about 3 miles inland from the Surside bridge (North side of road), not much to look at, but the food, service and price are great.

You might also want to bring a rake to clear away some seaweed. I always bring a rake and shovel. Shovel is for my boys to build sand seawalls and fortresses.

Dutchman:
So Memorial weekend is upon us. 3 days off and an opportunity to get out of Dallas. Heading down to Lake Jackson & Surfside Texas. The wife and I are planning on some shore diving, snorkeling and stopping in at Hydrosports Scuba. Any suggestions for entry points? After 3 weeks of lake diving in TX & OK, need something different.

Check out www.scubapark,net. Not too far from Lake Jackson.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom