Lake George (NY) end of June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
tried doing a search but couldn't get any recent info
i was just cert ow in aruba and will be in lake george area at the end of june 04, was wondering can i dive there w/out a budy, are there are lds that have trips there i would also need to rent everything except m/f/s. can anyone provide recent info
thanks

** Disclaimer - if you intended in your post to indicate that you want to "solo dive" after just being certified this month, I would STRONGLY recommend against this. Perhaps you only intended to travel w/out a buddy, and find one locally. **

Try searching for "Adirondacks" or "Glenns Falls" and "Scuba". You'll probably have lots more hits. I grew up in Albany, NY with summers spent in the Adirondaks and Lake George. Makes me homesick just thinking about it.

BTW - you might want to give us a few more details about your self / location in your profile.

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

No reason to dive Lake George without a buddy. I live in Albany, 45 minutes south of the lake. Send me a PM when you're in the area and we'll go diving there anytime you want. There is some decent shore diving there.

The closest dive shops are Morin's in Glens Falls and Capitaland a little farther south in Clifton Park. Both are OK shops.

scuba-sass:
** Disclaimer - if you intended in your post to indicate that you want to "solo dive" after just being certified this month, I would STRONGLY recommend against this. Perhaps you only intended to travel w/out a buddy, and find one locally. **

sorry what i ment was are there guided dives in lake george
similar to my experience in aruba, they asked on the boat who had a budy and if someone didn't they were paired up with another diver or with a member from the lds
but thats the carrib and my only experience with a lds thus far besides my lds where i got the referral before i left

You can certainly get on a boat for lake george but it's not necessary. Seriously, PM me when you're around and you and I can buddy up and do a shore dive.

jonnythan:
You can certainly get on a boat for lake george but it's not necessary. Seriously, PM me when you're around and you and I can buddy up and do a shore dive.

Timly thread for me, I'm going to be going to the lake for a few days in july. I've been surfing the net looking for dive shops but I would rather shore dive than pay $$$ for a shop. I have only found one place to shore dive from. Would you possibly know of any places

rodgers rock

BTW I have never been to Lake George before. Places to stay and things to do??

Dave

Rogers Rock is pretty decent. There's a beach at Hearthstone Campground just north of Lake George Village where there's a neat rock wall and the occasional car.. I believe some PSD divers practice moving large objects with it, because it always moves. There's also a very small beach with a sunket boat north of Fort Anne, which is on the southeastern tip of the lake.

Lake George Village is sort of a little bumpin tourist trap on the weekends. If you're into hiking (or even if you're not), take a hike up Prospect Mountain at the southern end of the lake - very popular hike, pretty easy, and the summit offers a fantastic view of the lake. Very beautiful. Other than that, there's some nice shopping and eating just south in Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls. Both are small, clean, attractive cities with lots to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom