Lake Cushman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoshua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I am still looking so I may find the answers on my own, and I am still a long ways off from attempting this by some friends of mine and I are interested in diving Lake Cushman.

It will wind up being one of our first fresh water dives, and it won't happen until we get quite a few more shore and probably boat dives under our belts in the Sound, but I was wondering if any of you had a chance to do the Cushman dive and if you had any pointers?

There is something in particular we are interested in seeing, not nessesarily going into it, but from what we understand there is a Hotel at the bottom of the lake that was there before the damn was put in. I was wondering if anyone had the co-ordinates of that hotel and the depth?

Cushman itself is under the 1k' mark so from what I understand all my normal dive charts should work, but I am still planning on taking a lake course with an LDS before we attempt to do this solo. (Any tips would be great, and yes I know the newb considerations for bouyancy in fresh water)

Again, good to be a part of the community and thanks for any experience stories about Cushman you could pass along.

No coordinates yet but we've been looking for them too. A park attendant gave us a vague description where we might look but we haven't tried it yet. I'll post the GPS if we find it. There is an underwater forest there too from what I hear.

Back
Top Bottom