Lake Bistineaux??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Forgive me for temporarily invading this forum. This is probably for louisianna divers. Does anyone know anything about the diving at lake Bistineaux? It is located in the northwest corner of LA. I dove there some many years ago in a thing called the ARKLATEX alligator gar rodeo. It was a cold December, we had to chip ice off the boats but was loads of fun. The vis was half good at the time. Anyone know about the current conditions of this Lake. I don't even know if I spelled it right. Thanks.

Regards,

I have fished Lake Bistineaux in my pirogue or however the hell you spell it for years. Spent a lot of time there. Not so much anymore, now that I live in Atlanta, though. It looked full of tannic acid to me. Not to mention the innumerable and it looked like to me, damn near invisible cypress stumps.

I'll fish it whenever I get back, and I'll never dive it. Too much fishing to do!

Colin Berry

Back
Top Bottom