LaCasse Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian1968

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking in to having a LaCasse design backplate made. I was fortunate enough to run across someone who can do it for me on the cheapish side. One thing I'm not clear on though despite looking and looking. The dimensions as given....are they prior to or after the bending? For example it shows 11 1/4" across the width. Is that across the flat plate pre-bending or is it the final dimension after the bend?

Help with this is much appreciated since it is the one (little?) detail in the way.
Thanks.

Brian, I'm not familiar with that brand, but if you have any trouble with dimensions let me know.
I manufacture a few stainless b/p's from time to time and can have one bent to your specification. They run $90 US + shipping.

Brian1968:
I'm looking in to having a LaCasse design backplate made. I was fortunate enough to run across someone who can do it for me on the cheapish side. One thing I'm not clear on though despite looking and looking. The dimensions as given....are they prior to or after the bending? For example it shows 11 1/4" across the width. Is that across the flat plate pre-bending or is it the final dimension after the bend?...

All I can offer is this AutoCAD drawing that I came across on the Web. It is based upon the LaCasse design (which I could only find as a bitmap drawing). The dimensions are in mm, but that should not be a problem.

Good question, by the way - never thought that the original drawing might not be drawn as bent, but rather flat (pre-bending).

If you need it in another format, please let me know.

Cheers,

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom