Labour Day Diving Monday Sep 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Folks;

We had so much fun tonight that we want to do it again on Monday.
We will meet under the Bluewater Bridge at 10 AM.
The plan is to do Superman, which is an advanced dive and a little extra air goes a long way.

Bottom temp tonight was 68F in Sombra. Viz was about 5'. Hopefully it will be better on Monday at the river mouth.

As it is Labour Day please remember that even a bad day diving is better than a day at work. The forecast suggests that this will be a good day.

I'm bringing two tanks for a yet to be determined second dive after a surface interval featuring the famous Bluewater Fries (divers are all about health!)

Don

See you guys at the bridge, We had 5' at best in Courtright ! at some points it was only 2' but your right we did have a great time. I think at one point the bass didn't even see Dave & I and were running into us by mistake.

The "diving with Casper" school of diving might say that low viz actually adds to the thrill. I guess if it is turbid we won't have much chance to see the shadows of the bridge and had better hope that we actually run into the barge. Navigation by elapsed time and depth seems to be required on a number of our dives.

Labour Day diving attracted a good crowd. I think that we had about a dozen divers. Interestingly it was also a family affair with about as many bubble watchers. Another group from one of the London Clubs had about the same number so the park was full of scuba divers.

The line from the Barge to the Monarch has been broken. We theorize that some divers may have used it to pull themselves upstream against the current and snapped it. The viz was quite adequate so that it was easy enough to follow the sand/gravel line. John C. has plans to repair the line.

I saw Jesus in the bathtub for the first time! Also saw the grates SUC members had positioned by the CSL pilings for the use of Open Water students. Great work!

On Superman we saw lots and lots of fish. Schools of Pickerel, 100's of individuals, as well as a few Sheepheads, Catfish and Carp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom