La Paz Photo Trip Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you dive with CC, you can stay in town and they will provide a shuttle van to and from your hotel on dive days (or at least they did in 2007). It was always one of the employees coming to work who would pick you up. A couple times we had to really light a fire under them to get us back after diving or it them a long time to get someone to do it, so we may have gotten back after 6 PM. It still beats staying in the industrialized port area, and the restaurants are great.

I haven't done any land based diving from La Paz, but I've been on 2 trips on the Don Jose with Baja Expeditions out of La Paz.

I found the diving to be incredible in October, with huge schools of fish and schooling Hammerheads at El Bajo, as well as literally dozens of morays; more hammerheads and other critters at Las Animas; and playing and interacting with 3 juvenile sea lions for nearly 2 hours, on an 18 foot max depth dive at Los Islotes on the northeast side of the island.

The trip we did in April, the diving was not as good because visibility was pretty bad, but that was expected. That is the time of year when the plankton are heaviest. We saw and swam with 5 whale sharks that week, saw a mother fin whale and calf, saw mantas, mobilus rays, dolphins galore, got in the water with a mixed pod of dolphins and pilot whales, and yes, more sea lions. I did manage to get a nasty burn from a Portuguese man 'o war on one dive.

There is more large marine life in the Bahia de La Paz and that general region than I've ever seen anywhere in the Caribbean. Just don't expect to see much coral, or lots of little reef fishes because it is a very different environment.

Hello, Diving at that time of year is going to be Great. Vis should be at least 100 feet water temp around 80 degrees,Bring your Mirco lense great shots of mirco life not to be missed.Should be a good chance to see whalesharks,sealions,mantas plus the 800 species of tropical marine life of the Sea of Cortez.
there is a company called Baja Expedtions in la paz one of the oldest there. Give them a call. you can find them on line. P.S. not the same as Baja Dive In Cabo thats us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom