La Ceiba vs La Brisas/Reefscape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
for those who have been at either or both I would like your input.

I have stayed at La Brisas/Reefscape when it was called Costa club but I have also spent some time at La Ceiba and I really like both places and need to decide on which one to go to soon.

So tell me the good and bad for both to aid in my decision:)

:sunnyday: We were there when it was called Costa Club and did not have any problems. We are going xmas week but this time it will be AI not sure how that will be but my husband wanted to try it this time. You did not say when you would be going but I will post when I get back good or bad. Try the search key, try all the name changes. I have seen some good recent reviews about them. Have fun. :shark:

If you've already stayed at both, then don't you already know the good and bad points of both hotels? Some specifics on what info you're looking for would be helpful....

I've stayed at both hotels, too--I stayed at La Ceiba in 2000 and stayed at the Fiesta Sunset Magic Reef Costa Brisas Scape twice this summer. Of the 2 I would stay at the latter again.

La Ceiba was fine back in 2000 when you could still get a room in the "older" section (they're all timeshares now), but the # of cruise ships has increased greatly since then and there is a nice big cruise ship pier parked right in front of La Ceiba's "beach". So not only would you have to put up with the engine noise when those bad boys pull in or leave, but all your pictures would have a big white SHIP in them and the beach loungers would be full of sunburned cruisers in Hawaiian shirts and black socks.

Both hotels are similar, price-wise, but I would give the edge amenity-wise to "Reefscape" (snort) given all the renovations to the premises. You can stay Euro-plan and pay for all meals and drinks. However, staying AI is only slightly more in cost, and that would cover breakfast before diving and all your post-diving drinks and still leave you with plenty of cash for eating dinner in town every night. The staff was friendly, breakfast and lunch were good (I had dinner in town every night), rooms were spotless and the huge pool, hot tub and new beach club were very nice. Plus, the 2 rinse tanks, 2 showers and lockers for dive gear were very convenient.

parrotheaddiver once bubbled...
:sunnyday: We were there when it was called Costa Club and did not have any problems. We are going xmas week but this time it will be AI not sure how that will be but my husband wanted to try it this time. You did not say when you would be going but I will post when I get back good or bad. Try the search key, try all the name changes. I have seen some good recent reviews about them. Have fun. :shark:

I also stayed there when it was the costa club and I liked it! I hadn't been at La Ceiba in years and wasn't sure which one to go to. But checking the reviews on another board I will definately go back to Reefscape to avoid the cruise ship fiasco that plagues La Ceiba. We will be there Jan/24/2004 to Feb/3/2004

Rooster1 once bubbled...
I hadn't been at La Ceiba in years and wasn't sure which one to go to. But checking the reviews on another board I will definately go back to Reefscape to avoid the cruise ship fiasco that plagues La Ceiba. We will be there Jan/24/2004 to Feb/3/2004
I just spent a pleasant 9 days at La Ceiba last month. Quite a few cruise ship passengers hang out at the La Ceiba beach and pool, but that isn't ALL bad. I'd post some pics, but the moderators would probably remove them :wink:

Charlie99 once bubbled...
I'd post some pics, but the moderators would probably remove them :wink:

Hedonism Cozumel style eh??:D

Changed names AGAIN yesterday, but it could be different again today. Last report was that it is now called Cozumel Resort or Resort Cozumel. ANy guesses about what te name will be next week?

When we were there in late November it was impossible to find a place to park within a mile of La Ceiba due to the cruise ship related congestion. We should have taken a cab but we were on the way back from the east side of the island and thought we'd snorkel the airplane wreck to see if anything was left.

We've usually stayed at the Fiesta Inn a/k/a Costa Club a/k/a Magic Sunset a/k/a Reefscape a/k/a '?' and have always enjoyed the employees and surroundings (not including the disco stage). The powers that be are obviously trying to arrive at a package that will appeal to their customers but sometimes it's a little unsettling as to what they think will sell. Usually we eat in town and since it started offering the all inclusive package eating at the hotel has become rather hit or miss in terms of when, where and how much.

This January we will dive is Aqua Safari after having used Dive Paradise for all our diving. The crowded boats just finally got to us after nine years. Any comments?

offers an option for the AI package or the European plan. There are so many great places to eat in town, that I don't understand why anyone would opt for the AI package, nless you are bringing the whole family, then it becomes more cost effective. You said you wre switching from Dive Paradise to Aqua Safari because of the crowded boats...I'm afraid you won't be solving your problem. Aqua Safari also packs 12 to 15 divers on each boat in case you were unaware...unless you are reserved on the "Belinda" which is typically their advanced boat and a very nice boat. Have a wonderful vacation!

Back
Top Bottom