L&M Titan D100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I tried to order the Light & Motion Titan Housing for my Nikon D100 two months ago and they said they haven't shipped any out yet, I decided to wait due to the fact I didn't want to be in the first group ie: let them work out the bugs?

I have a trip to thailand coming up in Feb. and just wanted your input on whether I should just put the order in and hope for the best. or go with my Video Camera (Also Light & Motion). I really want to move over to Photography.

I don't remember anyone here having that set-up but a friend on DDD got one of the first Titans and has had numerous problems with it. I think it's spent more time in repair than in his hands.

If you want to know more, visit Digital Diver and search for "Jeff" as the author or for "Titan". Jeff is on a dive trip as we speak, testing strobes and housings. He'll have a lot to say about the titan when he returns this weekend.

The problems Jeff (on Digital Diver) was having were with the Titan for the E-20.

The Titan D100 is now shipping. I ordered on last week and was told by Light and Motion that I'll have it by the end of the month. They are quoting 2 to 3 week delivery. I spoke to two people who had purchased the Titan D100 and both reported no problems - time will tell.

I order mine now becasue I have a dive trip in mid October. If I was in your position, I would wait until closer to you trip to order so as you say you are not in the first batch.

Thanks for your Help.

I talked to Light & Motion yesterday, and they told me the same thing (2-3 weeks to ship). I think I will take your advice on waiting till later to order it. I am currently using the Tetra 3040 and really like dealing with Light & Motion. It will be hard for me to wait!

Will you let me know how yours turns out after your trip?

Sorry to have given you the wrong info!

Thanks Luv2 for the correction!

No Problem Dee,

It's nice to see you are human!
it is a L&M Titan housing, which still makes me a little nervous considering the cost!:confused:

ScubaSky

L & M have been very easy to deal with. I sent an email on a Saturday with about a dozen question and got a respone on Monday. In addition to answering all of my quesitons, they suggested that I call if I had any more. I called and they spent about 15 minutes on the phone answering more questions and telling me about the housing. That was my first dealing with them, and I was impressed.

I'll let you know how the housing works out.

Hello, im using the aquatica housing with sea and sea 350 pro strobes. The housing works great, never a problem and the price is much less than l&m.

Dove for two weeks with a fellow photo buff. He had an L&M Titan and D100. He packs a complete set of back-up electronics due to a few issues he had with it. There was only one dive I recall that he had to swap out a chip or something. He mentioned soldering things, etc.. Personally I would be lost if something went wrong. I use an Aquatica for my D100 and have had no problems. If something does go wrong anyone with screwdriver and alan wrench can fix it, plus the parts are much less. I think the L&M is like a Ferrari; wonderful system but if you have a problem with it’s going to be complicated and expensive.

I'm an aquatica fan too. Which has been pretty much bomb proof since I've had it. A few minor problems (housing zoom gear coming loose and spinning on it's axle) but nothing more than a 2 minute job with an allen key or screw driver to fix.

I think in the current climate of digital photography, and huge leaps in performance being gained with each new camera model, I don't think the time is right just yet, to go for the ultra expensive housings. I'm already facing the prospect of having to replace my 10 month old Aquatica S2, if I go for the S3 or D2X. It'll definately be an Aquatica though, if not simply to keep costs down - using my current ports, gears, spares, etc..

Just my 2 cents worth!!

Back
Top Bottom