KY jelly on DS seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Ky | Astroglide) + latex is all good. Otherwise many a convivial relation would end with a surprise.

rookers:
(Ky | Astroglide) + latex is all good. Otherwise many a convivial relation would end with a surprise.
Good point :D However, I do expect my DS seals to last a little longer than an hour :wink:
VinceDS:
In all seriousness though, the liquid K-Y is not going to hurt the seals. I know plenty of people that use it or an eqivalent w/ great results... :wink:
Thanks, I will give it a try.
scubadobadoo:
Dry gloves. :wink:
I don't have problems with cold hands, but the occasional wrist seal leaks may lead me that way.

CVS pharmacies (and others) sell self-branded equivalents to Astroglide and KY, for considerably less money. All you need to do is make sure they say "condom safe".

What ever brand you get, just make sure you smile at the cashier when you put the KY, nylon rope, and brass clips down on the counter.:D

Gilldiver:
What ever brand you get, just make sure you smile at the cashier when you put the KY, nylon rope, and brass clips down on the counter.:D

I'm right there with ya... had the batteries, ky, rope and duct tape on my last trip to Sav-On :D The guy at the register got a little scared I think :D

ChickOfTheSea:
I'm right there with ya... had the batteries, ky, rope and duct tape on my last trip to Sav-On :D The guy at the register got a little scared I think :D
I forgot the duct tape, got to have big rolls of duct tape.

As one friend of mine said when asked what he liked to do:

":scubadive I dress up in tight black rubber, hang metal clips all over, and pee on myself."

Now there is a true technical diver!

Gilldiver:
I forgot the duct tape, got to have big rolls of duct tape.

As one friend of mine said when asked what he liked to do:

":scubadive I dress up in tight black rubber, hang metal clips all over, and pee on myself."

Now there is a true technical diver!

Yup can never have too much duct tape... or KY... little hint - pick it up at Costco in the huge tub size :D I think they even have the warming kind... I heard it warms you up a few degrees at least in our 50 degree water :wink:

ChickOfTheSea:
Yup can never have too much duct tape... or KY... little hint - pick it up at Costco in the huge tub size :D I think they even have the warming kind... I heard it warms you up a few degrees at least in our 50 degree water :wink:
I want to go diving with You!

I have my dry suit, otherwise known as the full body condom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom