Kwark Navy undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my Kwark Navy suit a couple of weeks ago. I ordered mtm, through the techduikshop.nl and that was quite bad experience with long delays, emails without replies, misspelled address etc. But finally I got a suit, mtm and the fit is great.

Kwark Navy is a really simple fleece undersuit. It feels warm for it weight but it is not very thick. The suit is absolutely a pleasure to dive. Doesn't restrict movement at all, and air circulates extremely quickly in the drysuit.
There is no way it could be equivalent to Santi BZ400X or Weezle extreme in warmth. But that said, it is quite warm and I dove it 75 minutes with 9 C bottom temp (warmer during deco). Material also seems to be reasonably warm also when wet after a minor neck seal leak.
Overall, I like the Navy but I doubt it will be warm enough for most of my diving.
The suit is a simple fleece overall, so there is nothing unique in it if compared to other similar products like Rofos Artic.

Thanks for the mini-review!

On your 75 minute dive, what base layer and what kind of drysuit (trilam or neoprene) were you wearing?

On your 75 minute dive, what base layer and what kind of drysuit (trilam or neoprene) were you wearing?

I dive a Santi Emotion+ and I was wearing only a Lululemon short sleeve techical t shirt and trunks as a base layer. Double wool socks and drygloves with powerstretch fleece liners. Santi 6 mm neoprene hood.
We had a very hot day and unusually warm surface water temp (bottom temp too).
Thus it is possible to use warmer baselayers with the Navy, I am now looking at some thin merinos for that purpose.
To save the great freedom of movement with Navy the base layer should play well with it and not add any friction between the garments. Thin merinos or maybe a slick synthetic technical compression underwear might work.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but hoping to hear from those who owns& use the Navy. If in the US, where did you order from, and how accurate are the size charts?

I can not answer the first part of your question because I live in the EU but I am 1.82 m tall, 82 kg (sry, I am too tired atm to convert to american units), slim and almost no belly and the Kwark Navy in size L fits perfectly.

I don't know where you usually dive but there's a new version: Navy Extreme with a double layer fleece. I own two of them and it's really an amazing product. Warm and stretchable.
I'm EU based. I'm 180 cm x 80 kg and a size L is perfect.

I can not answer the first part of your question because I live in the EU but I am 1.82 m tall, 82 kg (sry, I am too tired atm to convert to american units), slim and almost no belly and the Kwark Navy in size L fits perfectly.
I don't know where you usually dive but there's a new version: Navy Extreme with a double layer fleece. I own two of them and it's really an amazing product. Warm and stretchable.
I'm EU based. I'm 180 cm x 80 kg and a size L is perfect.
I’m in the Pacific Northwest in the United States, and I am absolutely looking at the Navy Extreme!! I am a small female who is always cold!!!
Do you happen to know how the material compares to the Bare SB mid layer?

Dive both the Navy and Navy Extreme in Norway. The Kwarks are softer/stretchier than the Bare SB. Had the Bare SB before, but have fallen for the Kwarks. I do dives from Summer 20C, to 3+Hr Cave dives in 4Celcius. Of course with varying amounts of merino undergarments and heated vest. However, all the girls (and boys) I have gotten to try them have all ordered their own...
These undergarments are super stretchy and the size charts works quite well. I wouldnt size up if you were between sizes.
(Other tips if you are cold, always wear merino wool wicking/undergarments under. Don't ever wear cotton!!! Eat a really hearty breakfast! Proteins AND fat! Only a salad wont do! Bring warm chocolate/toddy to drink before you splash. Wear a 10mm hood. K01, Waterproof or Dive System. Wear dry gloves. Remember to trim your cuffs.)

Back
Top Bottom