Kura Hulanda for best house reef? (Curacao)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

full fin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I am looking at staying in Westpunt (probably Lodge Kura Hulanda) for its house reef/shore diving.

Not a fan of all inclusive plans or being stuck at hotel restuarant, so is there any other hotel I am overlooking? From what I have gathered, I get the impression that you must choose between best diving at westpunt vs. being nearby restuarants/nighttime activities. Priority is diving, so...

Thanks!

There are not any other Hotels in the Westpunt area that I am aware of. The Lodge is a very nice hotel.

All West has apartments and Nos Krusero (sp?) are there also. People speak well of All West, but I have not heard any reports on the other yet. Driving by it looks fine, not on the water though, but very close by.

The house reef is good.

The restaurants in the area are Landhius Misje, Sol Food, and the Restaurant at the Lodge. Also Jaanchies and Rancho Sobrero (sp?) are close by.

I suggest a truck rental.

I suggest you take a look at the other Curacao June thread on the board right now, it has a lot of good information. A search of this board will help you a lot also.

jpcpa,
little unclear if your talking about all west not on the water or Nos Krusero.Stayed at ALL West this past november an I'd say its as close to on the water as you can get. much closer it would be in the water. no idea about nos krusero... not sure where it is.

Hey Full Fin,

I have some GREAT news for you: you don't have to make a choice between best diving at westpunt vs. being nearby restuarants/night-time activities.

Although there is a 'great debate' about East vs West diving in Curacao, the truth is that the diving is excellent along both coasts: you simply need to know where to go to find what you're looking for, and the Sea Gods are as likely to send a special critter (or several...) to join you on your dives whichever part of the island you're on. Plus you can easily dive East and West dive sites in a single vacation, as well as choose between boat and shore diving.

There are various types of accommodations all along the island's coasts to suit all requirements and budgets. So you don't have to stay way out West away from everything else to get 'the best house reef' or the best diving. For example our house reef, Pierbaai, is HUGELY popular and many of our divers dive it multiple times per trip knowing that they'll see something different on each dive.

So all in all, you've got plenty of choices and there are MANY active Scubaboarders with first-hand experiences of diving and staying in Curacao who I'm sure will be happy to help you out.

In the meantime, you'll find photos and info about various dive sites all over Curacao on our website here as a starter for 10...

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, happy planning - you're going to have a GREAT dive vacation in Curacao :)

All best
Suzy

The Dive Bus - WELCOME

Thanks all for the responses.

Suzy, that is a very helpful website. Thanks!

Just wanted to add that AllWest Apartments has tanks available 24/7 and a great house reef. I don't know what other accomodations offer.

Hey Full Fin!

Suzy is absolutely right in saying that you can hit the best shore dive sites on Curacao all in one vacation for both East and West!!

However, staying at All West Apartments or the Kura Hulanda Lodge offers you the opportunity to really experience the BEST of Curacao w/ a combination of shore and boat diving. Additionally all of our boat packages include no limit shore!!

Some boat dives not to miss would be Watamula, Mushroom Forest, Rediho and of course a few others!! As JDCPA mentioned, a truck is a good choice for shore diving and this can be arranged along with airport transfers through the OEW Tour Desk which is located in the Lodge. Please email WATAMULA SERVICES for more information.

I would be happy to assist you further in planning your vacation! Please email me directly for further information and check out our FB Fan Page for what you can expect on your return!!

Thanks again and we will look forward to seeing you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom