Kudos to TommyD Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During a recent dive a buddy told me I had a run on the back of my wetsuit, sure enough, starting at the zipper and going down about 6-7 inches was a run in the fabric, and, worse, a tear in the underlying neoprene. I contacted Tommy D sports where I got the 5 mm wetsuit in Jan of this year and Tom personally answered me and is replacing the suit (even though it is possible it is not a suit defect but may be due to a slightly too small suit on a slightly too large Mike...) at no cost (even bumping it up a size.) Tom told me to keep the old one to use on dives where I wouldn't want to use a new suit. To make a long story short, Kudos to Tommy D sports as they are honorable and stand behind their merchandise. I highly recommend them for your wetsuit, and other, diving needs.

Mike Ault

mikerault:
During a recent dive a buddy told me I had a run on the back of my wetsuit, sure enough, starting at the zipper and going down about 6-7 inches was a run in the fabric, and, worse, a tear in the underlying neoprene. I contacted Tommy D sports where I got the 5 mm wetsuit in Jan of this year and Tom personally answered me and is replacing the suit (even though it is possible it is not a suit defect but may be due to a slightly too small suit on a slightly too large Mike...) at no cost (even bumping it up a size.) Tom told me to keep the old one to use on dives where I wouldn't want to use a new suit. To make a long story short, Kudos to Tommy D sports as they are honorable and stand behind their merchandise. I highly recommend them for your wetsuit, and other, diving needs.

Mike Ault
Mike,

I'm considering a wetsuit from TommyD's, but don't know anything about the brand. Can you tell me how well your wetsuit has held up over time? What do think about the quality of the materials and craftsmanship? Do you get a good seal at the neck, wrists, and ankles? After several deep dives, do you think that the neoprene has held up (not too permanently compressed)? Would you buy another one from them?

Your opinions based on your experience with their wetsuits would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Briank

I am still diving their suits, I haven't had any problems with compression or excessive water flow through the suit. I have noticed some slight unbonding of the surface fabric in high stretch areas, but it doesn't affect the thermal properties.

Yes, I would buy from them again!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom