Kudos to Big Island Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sent this to Big Island Divers, but thought that I would post it on ScubaBoard as well. If anyone needs a recommendation on who to dive with on the Big Island here it is:

Aloha!

I just wanted to take a few moments to let you know what a great time we had diving with your shop this last weekend. We were able to get in 9 dives in three days during our 4 day stay on the island.

I have dove with many different shops but I have to say that the level of customer service that I received from your crew was top notch. We experienced nothing but friendliness starting from the emails and telephone conversations I made when setting up the diving with Virginia to the final day when we stopped by to pick up our gear.

During our short but dive filled stay we dove with Julie, Luke, Mike, Virginia, Mike and Russ and they were all fantastic. The Captains were also great. I know my marine animals but was very happy and thankful when Luke, Virginia, and Mike took the time to point out animals to us during the dive. The site briefings were thorough and we really appreciated that many of the crew took out the fish id book to point out some of the animals that we might see BEFORE and after we got into the water. I was really grateful that Luke took photos during the black water dive (since that was the only dive I did not bring my camera on!) and that Virginia emailed them to me.

The only thing that I think could be improved upon is the fact that you don't have any shop stickers and you need some different choices in log book stamps! :)

I will definately recommend you to students and friends when they mention that they will be diving on the Big Island. (In fact, I have already passed on your name to a friend that will be diving the Big Island in October.)

Thanks so much for the wonderful experience,

Ann Marie

On my last trip to Kona, I also used Big Island Divers. They were terrific then as well.
BTW, One of the girls that works in the shop has a sister who works for Scuba Luv at Catalina! Small world.

So, Ann Marie - Where are the pictures?

I've been playing catch up at work and haven't done much with them yet.

Thanks folks. Very timely thread for us. We just started planning a Kona trip for August and lookee what we found.

We rented a great 3 bedroom house if you want that info too!

Ann Marie, thank you for the offer but we have that all worked out. We have non-diving friends with a condo in one of the resorts 20-30 minutes north of Kona where we can stay for free. We're working on getting them diving though since they go over 4-6 times a year. They have some erroneous pre-conceived notions about diving that we're slowly dissipating (too old, required talent, food chain, etc). They love to snorkel but just don't believe they can dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom