Kudos for customer care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

familydiver

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve been a long time lurker since I’ve never really had anything of much value to add to the great reports and discussions here, but I recently had an experience that was so good I really felt obligated to share it with as broad an interested audience as I could.

My buddy and I returned late Wednesday from a long weekend trip to Cozumel. Our prime diving days were to have been Saturday-Tuesday, but then came along hurricane Ivan… That, of course, is not news. What I wanted to share with you all was the tremendous customer service we received from Aldora Divers during the time Ivan was affecting the island. Diving for us was shut down starting Sunday afternoon. We obviously didn’t need to pay for the dives we weren’t able to do – but above and beyond that Aldora gave us free rain checks good for the 2 ½ days of diving we couldn’t do, and didn’t pay for! This was not a slip-up – it’s their ‘hurricane insurance policy’ to help make up for the lost diving and other trip costs even though it was for reasons completely beyond their control. As frosting on the cake, we were also staying at their new Villa Aldora, and for the three nights around the days that we were not able to dive they gave us our rooms for free – also standard policy!

Other than now being a fanatically loyal customer, I am not affiliated with Aldora in any way. In this world where sometimes we must fight for even the most basic levels of service I just wanted to spread the news that there is at least one operator on Cozumel that really does go above and beyond to take care of their clients.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

Welcome from the dry side.

don O

Hi familydiver,

That is really a great policy Aldora has for their customers. It's smart business too. They now have a loyal customer, who will spread the word about the quality service they received.

Thanks for sharing, now that your 'official', you'll probably get into the swing of posting. I'm sure you have plenty to contribute.

familydiver:
I’ve been a long time lurker since I’ve never really had anything of much value to add to the great reports and discussions here, but I recently had an experience that was so good I really felt obligated to share it with as broad an interested audience as I could.

My buddy and I returned late Wednesday from a long weekend trip to Cozumel. Our prime diving days were to have been Saturday-Tuesday, but then came along hurricane Ivan… That, of course, is not news. What I wanted to share with you all was the tremendous customer service we received from Aldora Divers during the time Ivan was affecting the island. Diving for us was shut down starting Sunday afternoon. We obviously didn’t need to pay for the dives we weren’t able to do – but above and beyond that Aldora gave us free rain checks good for the 2 ½ days of diving we couldn’t do, and didn’t pay for! This was not a slip-up – it’s their ‘hurricane insurance policy’ to help make up for the lost diving and other trip costs even though it was for reasons completely beyond their control. As frosting on the cake, we were also staying at their new Villa Aldora, and for the three nights around the days that we were not able to dive they gave us our rooms for free – also standard policy!

Other than now being a fanatically loyal customer, I am not affiliated with Aldora in any way. In this world where sometimes we must fight for even the most basic levels of service I just wanted to spread the news that there is at least one operator on Cozumel that really does go above and beyond to take care of their clients.

Thanks for the report and welcome to Scuba Board. Any time I get service like that, they make "major" points in my book. As long as they don't change too much, they have a customer for life...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom