Question Kubi silicone wrist seals - which side faces the skin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the Kubi dryglove system with Sitech Siflex silicone wrist seals on my Seaskin Nova drysuit. Dose it matter if the shinny or dull side of the wrist seals is against my skin? They came installed with the dull side against my skin.

I'm asking because yesterday I was diving in the suit using wet gloves and the seals (no dry gloves) for the first time (all my other dives in the suit have been with the dry gloves). After the first dive I noticed that I must have had a leak at the wrist seals because each sleeve of my undergarment was wet up past my elbow. I've never had any problems when using the dry gloves. I did the next dive with my dry gloves and had no leak.

I just removed and inspected each wrist seal and found a small hole in the left but nothing in the right. I removed the seals, cleaned the rings and o rings, put a new seal on the left, small amount of lubricant on the red o ring and reinstalled everything.

I've never trimmed the silicone seals and they feel very tight against my wrist. The seals lie flat against my skin.

Any idea why the leak on the right?

Shiney side facing out. Do you have a prominent wrist tendon? If you’ve never trimmed them they’re probably to tight they don’t need to be as tight as new drysuit divers think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom