Kraken weefine ring light 3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack: I thought you were an American, what is a spanner?
Bill:p

I'm dual Canadian actually, heh?

Actually it is called a spanner; a flat piece to engage two notches on a circular screw. Wrenches turn bolts.

@JackConnick I am looking at one of these and while doing some research, I saw something that hinted that the charger is not actually a complete charger. It implied it must be plugged into a USB port of some kind and not an AC outlet. I have searched for an actual manual but so far have not found one. Can you spread some light on this?Thanks

Most all chargers these days are USB. Simply use one of the many USB adapters like for your phone to charge from an AC outlet.

Ah, so it's not a complete charger....figures, this is a trend that is getting old. If I pay for a charger, I expect to get the complete thing, not just parts of it.....thanks for the info.

You can of course buy any one of thousands of multiple battery chargers to charge the Weefine batteries
Bill

Following this thread as I am also interested in possibly getting this light. Was on a trip to Dominica back in December and was blow away by some of the photos a dive buddy of mine was able to take with it.

I am curious, though, does it work with any underwater lenses which attach to the TG6 UW housing case? I see that it threads, however, assuming you attach the lens first and then the light, I don't seem to see where it would thread into.

Thanks for the help! :)

You could maybe use an adapter M52 to F67, add a diopter and then the ring light. I do this on SLRs. But the TG 6 has excellent built-in macro capabilities and a diopter is overkill. Our kit for the 3000 light includes the light, special sync cord and the adapter.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just got the Weefine 3000 for my TG6. Anyone have experience using it and have pointers? I found some good info somewhere on SB yesterday (may have been in this thread). So far, I think my biggest challenge will be training my memory to push the buttons in the right order to get to 'red light', 'lowest setting', 'strobe' for macro; and then to 'bright white light' for video.

All advice welcome!

As always practice in your kitchen (camera in the housing) shooting a flower or something similar. Note how close you can get without making a shadow.
Enjoy
Bill

As always practice in your kitchen (camera in the housing) shooting a flower or something similar. Note how close you can get without making a shadow.
Enjoy
Bill
I was having fun with it today - in my kitchen!! I had it in microscope mode, red light on lowest setting, strobe set, and laid it down flat on top of a paper with writing and it focused beautifully. I need to do as you suggested though, and see where the shadows go. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom