Kraken smart housing for iPhones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50 years under

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have evolved with U/W photography from a SLR with flash bulbs in the '70's through the digital DSLR's and multiple Nikon camera's with housings from Ikelite's to a Subal with all the bells and whistles. Finally after years of slow leaks, costly service and the extra baggage fee's flying that bulk all over on dive trips, I tried a housing for an iphone 4 (because my Subal was leaking in Bonaire) and I was impressed. But the first iPhone housings only fit a specific model of iPhone and when you upgrade, new housing time. I was pleasantly surprised to learn the Kraken fits iPhones 6 through X and the plusses. Some androids too.

OK now my question. In automatic mode the camera does an impressive job, I will get a Kraken video light for our January trip to help it focus in low light and eliminate the need for the dive plus software to fix the color (which it does nicely by the way) But the housing also allows control of a lot of camera functions through a system settings function but nowhere can I find any description of what the 6 icons that appear control. A few are obvious but does anyone know what they all do? The housing is impressive and it works well but as is often the case, the instructions are lacking.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Rick

Are you talking about the 6 icons on the app itself or the buttons on the housing?

Maybe put an image for us to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom