Koool Beach Dive today....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne

Contributor
Reaction score
We dove of LBTS this morning around 11 AM (I know we were lazy today) and there was a large manta ray swimming back & forth from the the first marker at Datura St. North to the pier. He was about 3/4 way out between the beach & the marker. It was so neat. He did not seem to be afraid of all the people in the water at all. There was a large school of small silver fish that we think he was feeding on but not sure. It was so much fun to be in the water and watch him go back & forth. He did this for a half hour or longer, people on the beach were watching him also. I love seeing things like this just appear when diving.

Water was very warm, but vis was not to good out on the first & second reef line.

Zuzanne

Very cool Zuzanne. I wonder if it's the same that Stephen Frink photographed off Key Largo last month; the one on the cover of RSD.

I don't know Rick, I'm not sure how their roaming patterns are. There have been several reports of one off Deerfield Beach on the reef there as well as on The Angels Boat Dive off Deerfield. Last week Pavan the owner of Dixie Divers was doing his daughter's OW dives for her junior OW cert and he said the Ray came right up to her and was about a foot from her face. She was so awed and excited that she almost lost her reg trying to tell him about it. Then she immediately wanted to go back down and look for him after they were back on the boat. What a way to start off your first diving experience.

Zuzanne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom