Kona Dive Trip - Week of January 27 2013 - Part I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stronj1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here are some photos from our trip to the Big Island's Kona coast. We dove with Jack's Diving Locker (our second time diving with them) and had a great experience. We tried the Pelagic Magic night dive for the first time and found it easier and less scary than anticipated. I am already itching to go back and try it again to see more and take more photos! We had done the manta night dive last time we were on the Kona coast and had a great experience. Alas, this time there was too much surge and too little plankton and no mantas showed up. The shop gave us the opportunity to re-book the trip on a standby basis. We ended up using this instead for a morning dive and were fortunate to see five mantas during the day on a cleaning station. I had to back away for photos! Our dive master (one of several great ones at Jack's) was Keller Laros who is famous for disentangling a dolphin from hook and line during a manta night dive. IMG_1774.jpgIMG_1798.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1819.jpgIMG_1733.jpgIMG_1736.jpgIMG_1752.jpgIMG_1866.jpgMVI_1654.jpgMVI_1862.jpgMVI_1863.jpg

Attachments

• MVI_1854.jpg
    MVI_1854.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Will be in Kona in April...looking forward to seeing some manta rays!

Awesome, this gets me excited for our trip in August, thanks for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom