Kona dive site names?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For logbook purposes, I need the site names for the manta ray night dive and the "twilight" dive before that one.

Thanks.

If you did it off the Kona airport, the manta dive was at Garden Eel Cove. If you did it off the Kona Sheraton, I'd personally call it the Kona Sheraton. Some people give the manta sites a different name at night, even though the only thing that's changed is the position of the sun. If you're twilight dive was a different site, you'd need to check with your operator.

+1 friscuba for Garden Eel Cove although at night they where calling it the Ampitheater.

And hi, Steve. I had wanted to do these dives with you, but you unfortunately didn't go out the day we needed.

Garden Eel Cove is it! On the first dive we saw those garden eels. And a couple of mantas and huge jellyfish.

Thanks!

And hi, Steve. I had wanted to do these dives with you, but you unfortunately didn't go out the day we needed.

Unfortunately the three of us can't cover all the shifts it'd take to run night and day charters 7 days a week, it's all we can do to cover the the 10 charters a week we offer. I end up referring a fair number people elsewhere when our schedules don't match, that's the breaks. Once I get my new shop open I'm hiring extra crew and we might look at adding more nights. Thanks for thinking of me, hopefully we can be of help in the future.

Back
Top Bottom