Kona Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Kona Dive Co for the manta ray dive and had a great time. I didn't dive with any of the other companies so can't really comment on them.

The Volcanoes National Park is a good 3 hour drive from Kona. The only restriction would be the shortcut through Saddle Road (Pass?) at 4,000 feet but the North route through Waimea to Hilo would be okay and the South route is more direct from Kona and is okay. The Visitor center is at elevation and parts of the park are also at elevation so would not be a good idea the day after a dive.

You can try local things like coffee tasting at various locations. There is the Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company just past the Maunea Kea resort. My kids found it interesting but not much after 10 minutes. The Hilton Waikoloa has a dolphin experience you can swim with the dolphins (for a fee!!) You don't have to be a hotel guest to participate. Then there is the shopping, if you have room in your bags!

Our favorite place to eat was Da Poke Shack if you like poke. Open for breakfast and lunch. Reasonably priced. My daughter requested multiple stops!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom