Kona dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pharmer

New
Reaction score
aloha!
I'll be newly certified soon and want to do the manta ray night dive when I'm in kona later this summer. Anyone have any experience with kona honu divers?
thanks!

I had a great experience with them, and I highly reccomend their operation. I did a week of diving with them, including the Manta Ray Night Dive. I will use them again when I return next year.

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard! Don't know them but the diving there is great for dolphins, big critters. Have a great time!
Britt
CrazyScuba.com

Another great op to do the dive with is Jack's Diving Locker. And they are especially good with newbies. My husband and I did the manta dive with them in May and it was spectacular. I posted this manta video in another thread but here it is again in case you missed it.

I dove with Kona Honu a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it and their operation. I've also gone with a few other operators in Kona. In general, the average quality of Kona operators is pretty high (IMO) or they don't stay around. You can find links to several operators at: http://www.swimswithsharks.com/bigislandresources.htm

I haven't personally used Jack's. I tried to a couple of years ago for the "Black Water" dive but the dive date was moved around and I couldn't fit it in.

My wife and I used Jack's for the Manta Dive and they were great! Very knowledgeable and they also filmed the dive which you could purchase, with the funds going to manta research. They take great care of you!

This doesn't answer your question but my wife and I dove a couple of days with Jack's last year (our first dives after certification) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. They were great with newbies and the Manta dive was outstanding.

See avatar (not such a great pic) - From the manta dive.

Back
Top Bottom