Kona Dive Op question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perca

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First off, I'm a long time diver and lurker here, just decided to join and post, and maybe I can even contribute something sometime.

Anyway, we've been to Kona a number of times, but not since 2007. Going back again next spring. We normally do a mix of shore and boat diving. I'm not going to ask "who is the best dive op?'. This is simply too subjective of a question, and also impossible to answer. The last several times in Kona we dove with Aloha Divers, who apparently are no longer in business, as their website has disappeared. Mike's operation was a small boat, he took us to places off the beaten path, and we always found the big critters. During our AM dives, he reliably found schools of mantas, was good at finding hammerheads, and numerous times we had dolphin schools swim by.

So this is the type of dive op we are looking for - small boat w/o crowds, someone who can take reasonably experienced divers to find cool big stuff. I'd appreciate any comments or discussion.

Don't know if this will work, since this is my first post, but I'll try to attach a pic of my wife (taken in Kona) to this post.

Attachments

• P1010029e.jpg
    P1010029e.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 58
So this is the type of dive op we are looking for - small boat w/o crowds, someone who can take reasonably experienced divers to find cool big stuff. I'd appreciate any comments or discussion.

I suggest giving Steve (friscuba) at Wanna Dive a call. His dive boat has a max of 6 people and offers what you're looking for.

Aloha,

-Eric

Hi:
I've been diving with Steve at Wanna Dive for years and love the boat, the crew and the fact that its a 6 pac. I did 11 Dives this spring with him and have booked another month next spring. By the way when are you planning to go next spring.

I think Wanna Dive would be worth investigating, as well as Sandwich Isle Divers.

Back
Top Bottom