Komodo vs. Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disco King

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am interested in taking a liveaboard trip to Komodo (June 21 Blue Manta) or Tubbataha (June 09 Palausport). If anyone dove in both Komodo and Tubbataha reef, which one would offer better dives in terms of things to see?

Thank you in advance!

I have heard Komodo is better from people who have done both. I dove Komodo on a LOB last year and it was AMAZING. I dive Tubbataha in mid-late April 2018 so will update this thread for others searching this in the future though it probably won’t make a difference for your booking purposes now. Sorry! :)

I don´t know Tubbataha but I dove Komodo with WickedDiving on the Jaya. Like outofofficebrb, it was also amazing for me ! Frogfish :) !!!
Crazy liveaboard in the wild ...

I have heard Komodo is better from people who have done both. I dove Komodo on a LOB last year and it was AMAZING. I dive Tubbataha in mid-late April 2018 so will update this thread for others searching this in the future though it probably won’t make a difference for your booking purposes now. Sorry! :)
Very helpful. Thx! What did you did like the most?

I don´t know Tubbataha but I dove Komodo with WickedDiving on the Jaya. Like outofofficebrb, it was also amazing for me ! Frogfish :) !!!
Crazy liveaboard in the wild ...
great to hear your experience.

Last edited:
Looks like I will follow your track. Just booked Komodo on Blue Manta. May go Tubbataha next. Have wonderful and safe dive in April. Looking forward to your trip report!
I wish I could “love” and not just “like” your post!

When are you booked for Komodo? Thank you! You as well. I want to hear all about your trip out there!

I wish I could “love” and not just “like” your post!

When are you booked for Komodo? Thank you! You as well. I want to hear all about your trip out there!
You are so sweet! Booked 6.21 trip (7N) and will let you know how it went when I retrun. Super excited! It's been so long since I last visited PH but visited there numerous times. If I can be any help please let me know.

You are so sweet! Booked 6.21 trip (7N) and will let you know how it went when I retrun. Super excited! It's been so long since I last visited PH but visited there numerous times. If I can be any help please let me know.

Awesome! I will let you know how the MV Discovery Palawan is. I’m booked on that for Tubbataha.

Back
Top Bottom