Komodo vs. Togeans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sachar

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Heading to Bali in September or some needed holiday, and during my stay (will be there for a month) I also want to do some diving.

I've been looking at possible options where I can go diving and both the Togean Islands and Komodo look like great destinations. I'm wondering which one of these two destinations offer the best diving.

Komodo seems great for larger animals (manta rays and sharks) and is a bit easier to get to.
Togeans look like a great place to reach, and the live there must be great, but I've read that a lot of reefs around the togeans are destroyed by dynamite fishing.

Thing I would like to do is visit both komodo and the Togeans, but I don't think I have time to do both so I have to choose.

For people who have to both which destination did you like most, and why?
For people who have been to one, what things did you like and which didn't you like.

Thanks

Sachar

It's a bit late to reply, but for those others reading: Go to KOMODO. I've been diving all over Indonesia--the only major exception being Pulau Weh. Komodo took my breath away. Though the Togeans are a true taste of paradise, and I was lucky enough to visit both within weeks of each other, I would pick Komodo if I could only go back to one. Search "Togeans" for my trip report from fall 2004. Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom