Komodo Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my way to Tulamben right now! I have my prescription mask so I should be able to see something of interest. And I'll definitely let the board know.

Yesterday was shrimp city!
Started out with 4 kinds at a cleaning station, then the biggest pair of Harlequin Shrimp I've seen, then a new to me soft coral shrimp (sorry don't have I'd book, but they live on the soft coral that looks like a flower and opens and closes), then on to ladybug shrimp, then for the closing act, a tunicate shrimp living inside the tunicate. Absolutely fantastic! A first for me and i nearly pissed myself. ( ok i did but its ok in a wetsuit) And for the visually challenged, an eagle ray, barracuda, and big eye travally. It is the most crowded I've seen it here in Tulamben, on one site there was a quite frustrating line of photographers at the Harlequins, they should have those numbers you used to get at the butcher so you can go off and shoot something else, then when your # is called your turn! I'm loving my new SL-1, I'm able to get much better shots of the super tiny critters with a 60mm and +6 diopter. Next up I think is a trip to Japanese wreck in just a few short hours, now if I could get to sleep, I'm like a kid on Chistmas eve.

soft coral shrimp (sorry don't have I'd book, but they live on the soft coral that looks like a flower and opens and closes)

Xenia coral shrimp?

Looks to be so but yours has a better coloration.
IMG_2096.JPG

I luuuuve the lady bug :).

I find your tunicate shrimp photo really good.

Talking about "nuthin' to see in Tulamben", this last august my guide (the mighty Ajiex Dharma) found on several occasions some glowing white transparent ghost shrimps I never encountered before. For the moment I couln't put a name on them but they are amazingly beautiful to photo.

Check this one out.

:eek::coffee::drunks::acclaim:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom